Afternoon's greetings, gerbils. If you're not aware, today is an early-April-Fools day, but that doesn't mean we're going to skip doing our weekly deals. That's right, even though we'd much rather be staring at pictures of gorgeous furry cases, we still did our duty and hunted down the best online promotions. These prices ain't no joke.
- It's a fair assessment to say that a sizable portion of our gerbils loves a good keyboard. The Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate is certainly one of the best specimens of the breed. It has a full-sized layout with Cherry MX brown switches aboard. Additional niceties include an extra USB port, which may come in handy for plugging in a mouse or a headset. Oh, and the keycaps are all blank, as they should be. If you need to look at the letters to type, well son, you need to git gud. Grab one of these at Das Keyboard's store for $89.99. Be sure to select the MX Brown keyswitch option.
- Last week, Newegg was running a sale on the mighty AMD Ryzen 7 1700X processor. We figured that wouldn't last long given the discount at hand, but it appears we were wrong, and we're more than happy about that. Newegg is still offering the CPU for only $369.99 if you use discount code AMDRYZEN. That's a $30 drop from its regular price of $399.99.
- It seems that gaming systems are all about color coordination these days, and RAM was one of the few items that until recently didn't have configurable colors. That's no longer the case, thanks in part to the G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMMs. They look sleek enough on their own, but you can set them up with your favorite shade so they don't stick out in your build. Grab a 32GB kit of four 8GB DIMMs clocked at 3000 MT/s for only $279.99, or a similar two-DIMM, 16GB kit for the amount of $134.99.
- Now, how about some graphics card deals? We have a couple of great mid-range offerings for you. On the AMD side, we have the Asus ROG Strix RX 480 8GB card. This puppy is fitted with a massive three-fan cooler, RGB LED lighting, and boasts a boost clock of 1330 MHz in its OC mode. It's currently selling at Newegg for $229.99, but there's a $30 rebate card on offer, potentially bringing the price down to $199.99. On top of that, you get a free copy of Doom. That's a darn good deal.
- If you're in the Nvidia camp, we can help, too. The EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming only has a single-fan cooler, but that's perfectly fine given the Pascal GPU's power-sipping nature. The card can hit a boost clock of 1708 MHz, and there are a total of five display outputs available. Grab one of these cards at Newegg for $234.99. There's also a $10 rebate card available, and you also get a free copy of either For Honor or Ghost Recon: Wildlands.
- Need an affordable, practical convertible? Look no further than the HP Spectre x2 12-a009nr. This computer packs an Intel Core m5-6Y54 CPU, 4GB of RAM, and a 128GB SSD. Its 12" touchscreen has a resolution of 1920x1080, and the whole machine is as slim and sleek as they come. Yours for only $479.99 at Newegg if you use promo code HPX29NR.
- Please tell me you have a UPS. Oh dear. Let's fix that. The CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD, as its name implies, is a 1500VA, 900W UPS with a total of ten outputs, USB charging ports, and protection for Ethernet and coaxial cables. The power on tap follows a pure sine wave, making it ideal for particularly power-sensitive equipment. Last but not least, there's an LCD screen for easy monitorization. Grab one of these for $167.95 at Newegg while supplies last.
That's it for today, folks! If you come across any juicy deals that we missed, help out your fellow gerbils and post it in the comments section below.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store and Das Keyboard's shop.