Nvidia brings GeForce-Assisted Gaming to a PC near you

We aren't the only ones getting in on the April Fools' shenanigans early. Nvidia's putting its AI expertise to work for gamers with the new GeForce GTX G-Assist. Plug the USB G-Assist module into a machine with a GeForce GTX graphics card and enjoy the benefits of the included GeForce SoC (Supercomputer on a Chip).

The above video covers GeForce GhostPlay, Boss Boost, and Nurture, all technologies I could definitely find a use for at some point. Nvidia's page for the new tech also talks about GeForce GameTrain, a personal trainer offering live tips and hints to help you improve at games. Nvidia says it supports over 10,080 games.

The joke is pretty funny, but probably the most interesting part of the video is that tiny GeForce flash drive. Folks in the YouTube comments and on Reddit seem to agree. Time for a new pack-in bonus, Nvidia?

• DeadOfKnight

These are the GeForce GPUs of 2112. Unfortunately they don’t come in type C, so they still take 3 tries to install correctly.

• LSDX

Funny, yes… ? Well this is actually how switching GFX card should be.

• EndlessWaves

Yeah, I wish GPUs were low power enough to make this practical

• Mad_Dane

They are, it’s called a smartphone SoC, but a bigger card will always be more powerful, do you live in a shoebox? Give me a home supercomputer instead!

• DoomGuy64

Considering how intel can make compute sticks, I could honestly see this as a real possibility, especially since graphics cards don’t actually need or use the full bandwidth of pcie. Something like a low power 2 gb card should technically be possible over usb3. The real issue is getting the os/board to recognize the hardware properly.

• ET3D

We’ll get there eventually. USB defines power transfer up to 100W, and although that’s meant for charging, and the normal maximum is 10W and 15W for Thunderbolt, I’m sure we’ll get to where reasonable performance GPU’s can be hooked via USB, and later on wirelessly.

• Kharnellius

I love that GeForce Assisted Gaming can be shortened to GAG! XD

• the

When I first saw the picture, it looks like what I’d imagine a physical [url=https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/GeForce-GTX-1080-and-1070-3-Way-and-4-Way-SLI-will-not-be-enabled-games<]enthusiast key[/url<] would be to enable 3 and 4-way SLI. I've used enough professional software to come across titles needing dongles for certain functionality.

Heh, sounds like you’ve got a USB port permanently dedicated to [url=https://www.ilok.com/#!buy<]an iLok[/url<], too?

• SoM

nice try LOL

• GasBandit

Aw, I thought this would be news about GeForce Now :/ Cruel! I’m really itching to try that out.

• jessterman21

Definitely want that flash drive, but they’d probably sell it at a 20% markup like they do their Founder’s Edition cards…

• NeoForever

GeForce Experience and login required.