Tomorrow may be Good Friday, but all that means for hardware-hungry gerbils is that today is Deals Thursday. The release of AMD's excellent Ryzen 5 CPUs probably has more than a few gerbils picturing a PC upgrade. We can offer to help with that. Oddly enough, today's deals aren't big on system components, but there are a couple surprises in store.
- We're kicking this off with two big items, in the literal sense. The Dell Ultrasharp U3417W curved ultra-wide monitor measures 34" across and has a 3440×1440 resolution. It uses an IPS panel capable of reproducing 99% of the sRGB color space. There's a ton of ports: DisplayPort inputs and outputs, miniDP, HDMI connectors, and USB 3.0 ports with charging capability. Grab one of these from Adorama for $769.95.
- Need to go even bigger? How about the LG 43UD79-B display? This monitor offers 43" of flat 4K goodness. The AH-IPS panel inside has a 1000:1 static contrast ratio and a maximum brightness of 350 cd/m². There's a USB Type-C port, four HDMI inputs, and a DisplayPort 1.2 connector. A pair of 10W speakers complement the package. You'd think the price tag for this display would match its size, and you'd be wrong: only $697 at Adorama.
- Insert repetitive statement here about HDDs being cheap these days. Today's deal is the HGST Deskstar NAS 6TB drive. Rotational speed of 7200 RPM, a 128MB chunk o' cache, and a stupid-low price of $219.99 at Newegg with promo code EMCREBB28. That works out to under $37 a terabyte. We don't need to say more, go buy.
- Few things can enrage a human faster and more effectively more than spotty Wi-Fi. One solution for that problem is the Trendnet TEW-828DRU AC3200 router, capable of pushing 1300 Mbps over two 802.11ac bands and another 600 Mbps over its 802.11n radio. The router also packs a dual-core CPU clocked at 1 GHz. Additional niceties include beamforming, guest networks, and VPN support. Grab one of these from Newegg for a mere $149.99 if you use promo code EMCREBB43.
- Last but by no means least, we have the Corsair Void Surround Hybrid headset. This pair of cans offers Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound virtualization, 50-mm neodymium drivers, and memory foam ear pads. Newegg will happily sell you one for $59.99.
That's it for today, folks! If you come across any juicy deals that we missed, help out your fellow gerbils and post it in the comments section below.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store and Das Keyboard's shop.