Logitech G233 and G433 headsets are designed for everyday life

Logitech says that its latest G233 Prodigy and G433 7.1 wired gaming headsets are designed for everyday life, and their detachable boom microphones, comfort-first design and materials choices, and multi-device compatibility bear out this claim. Both models also sport detachable cables that allow the headsets to easily work with mobile devices, game consoles, or PCs.

Both models appear to share the same basic design and use 1.6" (40 mm) drivers that should deliver decent bass response. Nominal impedance is set at 32Ω. Three different cables come in the box: a 4.9' (1.5 m) cable with an in-line microphone and a control module for use with a mobile phone or music player. A second 6.6' (2 m) cable is intended for use with a game console, omitting the microphone but retaining the controls. The third cable splits the four-pole 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini-jack into separate microphone and headphone plugs for use with a PC.

The fancier G433 7.1 also includes a USB DAC with support for DTS Headphone:X 7.1 surround sound virtualization. The sound output falls back to stereo sound when used with mobile devices and game consoles, though. Logitech lists system requirements for the surround audio as Windows 7 or newer. This model also has a unique finish with ear cups fully enclosed in mesh cloth, and comes with a couple extra goodies—namely, a carrying bag and an extra set of ear cups.

Logitech backs the $80 G233 Prodigy and the $100 G433 7.1 gaming headsets with a two-year warranty. The G233 comes in a single black-and-blue color scheme, while the G433 7.1 is available in solid black, red, blue, or a Best Buy-exclusive blue camo pattern. Both headsets are scheduled to ship later this month.

• kamikaziechameleon

Wanted to give a shout out to this one:
    [url<]http://www.lg.com/us/business/commercial-display/it-products/desktop-monitors/lg-31MU97C-B[/url<]

• MHLoppy

Wrong thread?

• trackerben

The G433 gets its DAC fed using one of the 3.5mm cables?

• homerdog

I’m wearing my G930 right now. It’s the only serious headset I’ve owned so I’ve nothing to compare it to but I have no complaints. Sounds great IMO.

• SoberAddiction

I have a G930 as well. I do enjoy the sound from it, but I have a real problem with the headset cutting out. Do you experience this?

• juzz86

Try moving the receiver back from a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port, if you can. Eliminated a bit of popping and fading out for me, worth a shot.

I don’t mind the G930 at all in default mode, but I really dislike the virtual 7.1 setup in it. It’s too muddy.

• Laykun

Don’t try anything more expensive as it just turns into a slippery slope of buying more expensive hardware. It’s good to be ignorant of much better sound hardware can be, as it’ll save your wallet. I started out with gaming headsets, over a decade ago, eventually you move away from gaming headsets into higher-end audiophile gear until you’re spending more on the DAC/AMP combo then you previously would have done on the headset itself.

• DataMeister

Well it does look comfortable, and I like the variety of connection accessories that come with the G433.

• Helmore

I’m just glad they don’t look too outlandish.

• Shobai

…the one set is entirely red, with the cups smothered in fabric. I’ll hazard a guess that our definitions of ‘outlandish’ are wildly different!

There are four to choose from, and the black one looks pretty decent.

• Shobai

You’re quite correct, on both counts. That hardly invalidates my comment, though, especially when 3 of those 4 options are horrendous =P

• Neutronbeam

Considering current trends, they should be considered very attractive just for the lack of RGB LEDs.