Season's greetings, gerbils and gerbilettes. As you may have noticed, it's now dark by 5:30 PM and sleep schedules everywhere are taking a beating. The TR staff is bleary-eyed and just barely mumbling along the daily work (not that big a departure from the normal state of affairs, really), but we still managed to do some solid digging looking for hardware deals. Here's what we found. Can I go nap now?
- This may be a familiar sight, as Newegg's routinely had deals on some of LG's fantastically-priced 4K displays. Today's offering is the LG 27UD58P-B monitor. This IPS display has a resolution of 3840×2160, a 5-ms response time, and FreeSync support from 48 Hz to 60 Hz. Newegg will sell you this monitor for only $297 with the promo code MNTR1107. I'll repeat, that's under $300 for a 4K IPS display.
- If you were thinking of pulling the trigger on a heavy-duty Threadripper build but don't feel like paying close to $400 for a motherboard, we have the solution for you. Newegg is running a combo deal with an AMD Threadripper 1950X processor and Gigabyte's fantastic Aorus X399 Gaming 7 motherboard for only $1019.99. Let us do the math for you: you're only really paying $140 for that super-high-end board, or $120 if you take advantage of the $20 rebate on offer. Get this bundle while stocks last.
- How about a nice power supply to feed that Threadripper build? The EVGA 850 GQ unit is modular, quiet, and has an 80 Plus Gold rating. EVGA also offers a five-year warranty coverage for good measure. A PSU this nice would normally set you back over a Benjamin, but you can get this model for only $94.99 from Newegg, and there's another $20 dangling from a rebate card.
- Of course we have hard drives today. Was that even a question? The HGST NAS 6 TB drive is real speedy and comes with a 128 MB cache. The company's drives are well-known for their reliability, and I can personally attest for their speed. Grab one of these for $178.99 from Newegg with the promo code EMCBBRH22. That works out to $29.83 per terabyte.
- If six terabytes doesn't quite cut it for you, perhaps you can check out the Toshiba N300 8 TB hard drive. Much like the HGST model above, this bucket o' bits has NAS-optimized firmware and a 7200-RPM rotational speed. Newegg will hand you one of these in exchange for the modest sum of $229.99 if you use the code EMCBBRH27. The per-terabyte price for this drive works out to only $28.75.
- Looking for an affordable upgrade for your PC or living room audio? You could do a lot worse than the Harman/Kardon AVR-1610S home theater receiver. This 5.1 receiver can push 85 W per channel and has Bluetooth support and five HDMI inputs. There's also the obligatory support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA, too. It doesn't hurt that the receiver looks real pretty, too. Grab it for $189.95 from Newegg.
That's all for today, folks! There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg and Amazon, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store and Das Keyboard's shop.