Greetings, gerbils. If you've been feeling like it's been a really slow week news-wise, you're not alone. We'd wager that CES 2018 is going to be a non-stop announcement fest, since PR departments everywhere seem to be saving up their shots for two weeks from now. Even still, daily life at hardware e-tailers goes on, and we dug up today's best deals for you.
- We bet you've been dying to join the high-DPI bandwagon. You're in luck today, then. The Sceptre U257W-4000R is a 27" IPS display with a resolution of 3840×2160. Brightness tops out at 250 cd/m², and the contrast ratio is 1000:1. The monitor includes built-in speakers and an input selection with HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort connectors. Grab one of these displays for a stupid-low $199.99 from Newegg if you use the promo code EMCBCCG28.
- There's been a lot of deals on MSI motherboards lately, and today's no exception. The MSI Z370 SLI Plus has Type-A and Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, metal reinforcement on the main PCIe slots, two M.2 sockets, and (you guessed it) RGB LEDs. You can get it for only $119.99 from Newegg, and there's a $30 rebate available on top of that.
- Wise men and women always say "don't skimp on your PSU." Grab a unit like the Seasonic Focus Plus 850. This box o' watts has fully-modular cabling, semi-passive cooling, and should be up to the task of powering nearly every desktop PC around. You can get one of these for only $99.99 from Newegg. That's a good price already, and you can shave it down to $74.99 if you make use of the $25 rebate that's available.
- Sony's Dualshock 4 is one of the best gamepads around. It's also really handy that Steam can use it natively, and there are a variety of tools available for non-Steam titles. You can get one of these controllers today for a low $39.99 from Newegg Flash. That's a substantial discount from the $60 or so it usually commands. Grab one while stocks last.
- I bet that Santa probably dropped off a little cash in your stocking. Some of it could go to your home theater fund, perhaps funelled directly into a Harman/Kardon AVR-1720S 7.2 receiver. It has a whopping six HDMI inputs, two subwoofer outs, and can pump 100 W per channel. The receiver also comes with the usual bevy of networking and surround sound features. Get one of these for only $249.99 from Newegg Flash (while stocks last) and get that cinema going.
That's all for today, folks! There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg and Amazon, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store and Das Keyboard's shop.