Thermaltake celebrates 20 years with the Level 20 case

The traditional gift for a 20th wedding anniversary is tableware. But Thermaltake is taking a different route and it's dishing up tempered glass and aluminum for the big two-zero. The company celebrated 10 years with the Level 10 case. Now, it's time for the Level 20 enclosure. We got a close-up look at an early version of this case back at Computex 2017, and little has apparently changed since then—not a bad thing.

Like the Level 10, the Level 20 full-tower chassis is a case designed to isolate all your heat-generating components from each other. This is achieved by placing them into three separate compartments, each with its own hinged, tempered-glass door.

At the front of the case is an area with mounting points for up to 11 drives in 3.5- or 2.5-inch sizes. If you're more interested in heat management than data management, this area can be used to house the pump for your liquid-cooling rig. The main compartment can house just about any motherboard you can throw at it, right up to E-ATX size. There's also room for a radiator up to 360 mm long and three 120-mm or two 140-mm fans. You can, of course, squeeze an AIO loop into that area if you want to, too. Above that is the PSU chamber, which supports both horizontal and vertical mounting of power supplies.

The case can handle CPU coolers up to 7.9" (20 cm) tall, graphics cards as long as 11.8" (30 cm), and power supplies up to 8.7" (22 cm) long. The system comes with three pre-installed Riing Plus 14 RGB fans, so for once you might not want to swap out the fans as soon as you crack open the case. You'll find two Lumi Plus RGB LED strips in there, too. There's also a single USB Type-C port on the front along with the relatively-standard four USB 3.0 ports that populate full-tower cases.

Thermaltake isn't talking about pricing or availability yet, but considering that a trio of the 120-mm Riiing Plus RGB fans fetches over $90 on its own, you can bet the Level 20 will be good bit more expensive than the Level 10.

• moose17145

The level 10 is already 10 years old? Dang…. now I feel old…

• Anovoca

This case kinda makes me want to gut an old marshal half-stack and build in it.

• drfish

I’m a bit surprised by the reaction to this case. I’ll go out on a limb and say that if cared to display my PC/PC’s internals in the first place, this would be exactly the kind of case I would use to do it.

I think it looks quite nice (and it doesn’t suffer from the “dog/cat hair will kill this instantly” problem that a lot of other TT stuff does).

• Ninjitsu

Yeah, it does look quite interesting.

• mudcore

I’m not surprised by the reaction given how the general TR audience’s reaction to anything with RGB or really anything that would draw attention at all.

TR would lead you to believe every super car should be like an Audi R8 i.e. restrained, conservative, clinical. When reality is most super cars are garish, loud, and chaotic. Like this case.

• drfish

The thing is, I don’t even think that’s the, uh, case, with this case. Sure, the guts they are showing it off with are all rainbowy, but there’s nothing about the case [i<]itself[/i<] that screams bling to me. I think, suitably configured, it would look like a quality piece of lab equipment, like [url=https://smile.amazon.com/Quincy-10-140-Aluminum-Acrylic-Incubator/dp/B004SCN0LC<]an incubator[/url<] or something.

• mudcore

I’d disagree. It isn’t very clinical beyond the use of the brushed aluminum. Otherwise its very curvy, isn’t particularly symmetrical or equally proportioned either.

This site hammers and complains about keyboards that have RGB LEDs that are otherwise entirely black brushed aluminum. Or fans that are completely standard but for the optional lightning effect. Or cases that lack 5.25″ drives for crying out loud. This thing basically violates all the “rules.”

EDIT: And this thing basically needs to be watercooled to be done right. Thermally I really doubt the design was made to accommodate just air cooling.

• Walkintarget

The Tt Level 10 and Level 10 GT also were pretty much lambasted at release, and you’d be hard pressed to find many gamers who were interested in buying one.

At the time, I was building a system and posted my parts list, including a Level 10 GT Snow Edition, which was not cheap at all, ringing in at $282. I took a crapload of heat for adding that to my list, but it was one of the very few cases that offered what I was after – extra large fans, SATA backplane, and a fan for the video card that used a contact point instead of cabling.

Most of the arguments were along the lines of ‘Ditch that ugly ass stormtrooper wanna be case and buy a cheap Antec case, then invest the extra $100 into the video card’. And 7 years later, that case is still doing a marvelous job with no complaints or even failed fan bearings to deal with.

• Ninjitsu

I do like the Audi R8…and A4.

• YukaKun

Reminds me of the interesting/wild designs of Stereos in the 80s and beginning of the 90s when silver was the “top notch quality” for said pieces of equipment.

I do like the design. It’s screaming “look at this funky style”. That is what it’s looking for and succeeding. Well, in my opinion anyway 😛

Cheers!

• RAGEPRO

It will probably come as no surprise to you that I and mine are quite fond of this thing.

• Ikepuska

I certainly like it myself. But I also love RGB glow, and think an M1A2 Abrams is the height of aesthetics so what do I know.

• K-L-Waster

It’s busy and jumbled and all over the place.

I prefer cases to be invisible — to me, the only component people should be looking at is what’s on the screen (if what’s on your screen isn’t the most important thing about your computer, you’re doing it wrong….)

Having said that, if I was going to show off the components, I wouldn’t go with a case at all, I’d go with a wall mount system… like TT’s P7 series for example.

• just brew it!

Well at least it is different. Different doesn’t automatically mean good though.

• tsk

I got a brain freeze when I first saw the picture “WTF am I looking at”.

• just brew it!

It’s the new droid for the next Star Wars movie.

TT-L20

• Pville_Piper

Trying hard to like it… Nope, not happening.

• Waco

Do not want.

I find it interesting that these cases are designed to appeal to immature gamers…who inevitably have no money to buy them in general. They cannot possible make (much) money on such endeavors…

• piratesyar

Chronological age does not equal maturity of the individual, nor does the individual’s ability to adult have any bearing on their taste! There’s definitely an audience for over-the-top stuff like this, but it’s not most of us.

• Waco

True, I am certainly blinded by my bias. I don’t like flashy crap and this seemingly more common than not trend of function over form is annoying. 🙂

• BurntMyBacon

[quote=”Waco”<]I don't like flashy crap and this seemingly more common than not trend of function over form is annoying.[/quote<] Really? I had you pegged as someone who valued function over form. I know a guy who was so far on the form over function side that when his computer stopped booting due to a primary boot drive failure. He decided to upgrade his lighting and mod his chassis before fixing the issue so that he could show off the computer. To be fair, plasma cutting snow and ice designs into a Silverstone Fortress FT02 and adding white lighting behind it did come off looking pretty nice, but he couldn't game on his computer for almost 3 months (used Knoppix liveCDs for browsing).

• Waco

Wow. That’s dedication to style right there.

Give me a generic looking black aluminum box without any lighting thankyouverymuch. 🙂

• Anovoca

I’v seen vacuum cleaners with more aesthetic appeal than that thing.