Tuesday deals: a Ryzen 5 1600X combo deal, curved displays, and more

Good afternoon, gerbildom. It is with great pleasure that after almost two months of convulsive coughing, my nose and throat are apparently done with their battle against me. Let me tell you, that was no fun at all. The occasional ray of sunshine is finding its way onto my office window every now and then, so perhaps we can say that Spring has, in fact, arrived. A new season begets new hardware deals, and here they are for you.

• Our headlining item today is a combo deal comprising an AMD Ryzen 5 1600X hexa-core processor, a Gigabyte GA-AB350 motherboard, and a Corsair Hydro H60 120-mm closed-loop liquid cooler. The processor alone goes for $200, but today you can get your eager gerbil paws on the whole caboodle for the tidy sum of $269.97 at Newegg. That's roughly $80 off the price of the three separate items—pretty good savings if you ask us. Stocks are limited, so act fast.

• It's a good day for displays today. The first we have in store is the MSI Optix MAG27C. This 1920×1080 27" curved monitor has a VA panel with a speedy 144-Hz refresh rate and a claimed 1-ms MPRT. MSI says the screen's color gamut should cover 110% of the sRGB space, and there's FreeSync support on tap. Get the Optix MAG27C for $309.99 from Newegg with the promo code EMCPSER29. If you have a pen handy, you can get $20 back from a rebate card.

• If you'd prefer a higher-resolution display, check out the Viotek GN27D. Like the Optix above, this is also a 27" display with a 144-Hz maximum refresh rate and FreeSync support, but it does its thing at a resolution of 2560×1440. The response time is listed as 4.8 ms, and the top and side bezels are so thin you can barely see them. Get this monitor for only $339.99 from Newegg.

• Much like the monitors, we have laptops in two flavors today. The first one is thin and sleek—the Asus VivoBook S (S510UA-DS51). This svelte machine has a 15.6" 1920×1080 display, an eighth-gen Core i5-8250U processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 256 GB SSD. You'll find a generous allotment of ports on the machine's sides, including a USB Type-C connector. Get this 0.7"-thin machine form Newegg for a mere $599.

• If you like the VivoBook concept but would rather have a version that would let you game on the go, we got you covered. The Asus VivoBook M580VD-EB76 comes from the factory fitted with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, a whole 16 GB of RAM, and a roomy storage combo setup with a 256-GB SSD accompanied by a 1-TB hard drive. The gaming chops come courtesy of a Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card with 4 GB of its own memory. You can get this laptop for $879 from Newegg with the promo code EMCPSER22.

• Last but not least, Newegg newsletter subscribers can get 15% off all Corsair desktop memory with the code EMCPSER36. If you were holding back on a build due to a lack of RAM, you should check this deal out.

That's all for today, folks! There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg and Amazon, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, RakutenWalmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at Das Keyboard's shop.

• ronch

Really cool Ryzen deal. I don’t give a crap what those fishy Israelis say. Now if only they would throw in a couple of 8GB DDR4 sticks in there as part of the deal…

• maxxcool

I am waiting for Zen+, i could care less about tth features, but a +4ghz core speed on 6-8 cores sounds perfect to finally upgrade a few desk-lab machines with less heat.

• Grahambo910

Looks like Microcenter has as decent selection of Ryzens on sale. $250 for the 1700X. $280 for the 1800X. Even the Threadripper 1950X for $720. In store only, of course…

• Welch

I wish my 1600x was an Octa-core. I think you mean Hexa-core.

• morphine

Cores, man. There’s cores everywhere these days.

Fixed, thanks 🙂

• Welch

Honest mistake, with as much quad, hexa, octa core parts you have to sift through, I’m surprised you keep it all straight. Thanks for pointing out that deal. Made the wife happy today and ordered that combo to upgrade her from her i5-2500 (non k)

• DPete27

[url=https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889007354<]This 49" 4k LG TV[/url<] for $329 after promo code EMCPSES96 and $50 MIR really caught my eye. That's a lot of TV for not much scratch. Was really holding onto my 2010-era 40" LG LED TV until I could afford/use an OLED TV, but....ooph, my back pocket is feeling a little warm.

• Welch

I’ve been doing the same thing, I have a 42″ JVC (2008) and a twice repaired by me that I got for free 50″ Samsung (2010). Was holding out for a 65-75″ OLED when we eventually build the house. But the prices of some of these 55-65″ 4k TVs for near or sub $500 is ultra tempting.

• JustAnEngineer

65″ OLED TVs are around $2½K. I might eventually talk myself into spending that much for a truly awesome display.

77″OLED TVs are around $10K. That gives me sticker shock.

• UberGerbil

I can remember when 40″ LCD displays with CFL backlights and analog-only inputs cost that much. And we oohed and ahhed and tried to justify spending the money.

• UberGerbil

That second monitor looks like a reasonable deal but WhoTF is “Viotek”? (That’s largely rhetorical; I know — yet another English brand name for a Chinese company that sources second-tier panels from Samsung or somebody and doesn’t have a dead pixel policy anywhere on their site)

• morphine

I read a forum post in which a Viotek rep claimed it had a ZBD guarantee but I can’t find it right now.

• redansel

Here is a Link to their pixel policy. This company has been getting a lot of great reviews. I recently picked up this monitor and LOVE it.

[url<]https://viotek.com/viotek-dead-pixel-policy/[/url<]

• Neutronbeam

I’m reading this on a Viotek monitor [url<]now--https://www.amazon.com/GN34C-Monitor-Widescreen-Definition-DisplayPort/dp/B074G5G8FT.[/url<] It MAY be Korean, but overall think it was the best display for the money around; I'm quite happy with it and I spent a lot of time looking at options first.