Corsair’s iCue is the one app to rule them all

Regular readers may recall Corsair's promise that its RGB-LED peripherals would offer lighting integration with Far Cry 5, and that new software to enable said integration would come along. Well, Far Cry 5 is here, and so is the new Corsair control app—or at least an early-access version of it. It's called iCue, and it replaces both the older CUE software as well as Corsair's Link software.

Corsair's iCue unified software isn't just for RGB LED lighting control. It can also control your Corsair fans and pumps, and set up the company's keyboards and mice too. Essentially, iCue is a complete software package that you can use to manage all of your Corsair products in one place. It supports dozens of lighting presets, complex key and button remapping, macro creation, and even app-specific profiles all of the above functions.

I haven't tried out iCue yet, because sadly my venerable Vengeance M95 mouse isn't supported. Lots of other Corsair gear is, though. Corsair has a list of iCue-enabled products that you can check to see if your kit is covered. Generally, if you're using products the company still sells, it's a pretty fair bet that they have iCue integration. You can hit Corsair's site to download the early-access iCue software.

• Neutronbeam

I’d rather have barbiCue–it’s tastier and with less lighting effects.

• Airmantharp

While Zak’s mouse is mysteriously unsupported, I can report good support for my K70 LUX RGB keyboard, H115i 280mm AIO CPU cooler, and Vengeance LED RAM.

Actually a pretty useful, integrated tool!

Kill me now. This stupid fad is still on the rise – I’m not even sure RGBLEDFAIL has peaked yet.

At least fidget spinners are dead – there’s that to comfort me at least.

• Blytz

I think Corsair are leading here in the gaming feedback configs (timings/binding etc) comapred to LGS.

• Airmantharp

I set RGB stuff to all white, or off, but so far all white has worked out well enough.

• Neutronbeam

You haven’t seen the new RGB LED fidget spinners yet?

• conjurer

Is this one of those online only programs, that secretly gathers you data? Like razer’s synapse?

• MOSFET

I like the feel of my Razer mouse – looking at the bottom of it, it’s a Death Adder 3.5G – light, sturdy, reasonably tasteful minimal lighting, only two extra buttons other than L & R click, and [i<]extremely[/i<] smooth surface action. But Synapse can go to hell and die.

• Kretschmer

Yeah, this kept me away from purchasing a discounted Razer Blade 14 this year. Solid hardware isn’t worth a damn if its marred by terrible software and support.

I ended up going with the jack-of-all-trades Ideapad 720S 15 instead.

• The Egg

Ehhhhh. I like my K70 and M65, but my experience with Corsair’s software isn’t the greatest (clunky/buggy). It’d be one thing if I could just occasionally adjust and then exit, but apparently 16kb of EEPROM is too expensive to include on a $100 product in 2018.

Basically, I’m not very excited about having a new v1.0 version of their software running 24/7

The $40 G402 I bought a couple months ago even has the programmable memory. The Logitech software isn’t even installed anymore and it remembers things as I set them. Get with it, Corsair!

• DPete27

Didn’t bother me, I couldn’t even get the Corsair software to install on my PC when I was using a Corsair Harpoon mouse.

• RAGEPRO

Are you sure it doesn’t? The M95 had the ability to save its settings onboard.

• The Egg

Well crap……so they can! If you navigate the software in the correct magical sequence (device icon, followed by button with profile name), a row of very small, mystical icons (perhaps only 30 pixels wide on a 1440p display) will appear. These tiny icons –of course– have no labels (because you wouldn’t want the enduser to start having delusions of intuitiveness). HOWEVER, if you hover over them, their true nature will be revealed. Though it gives no indication of whether it was successful in its quest, the tiny icon which carries the rune of a micro-sd card is indeed “Save To Device”.

Good sir, if you’re ever in the Chicago area, I owe you a drink.