PSA: Satellite Reign is free today at the Humble Store

It's Friday, gerbils, and some of you probably have plans this weekend. Others might be looking for something to do, so why not play Satellite Reign? "But Zak," you cry, "I don't want to pay $30 for a game I've never heard of." Well you're in luck, because if you get it today, it's free at the Humble Store.

Satellite Reign

Satellite Reign is a class-based real-time strategy game that directly resembles the classic Syndicate Wars. That's not surprising, as some of its developers actually worked on the original Syndicate games. Unlike most RTS games, Satellite Reign doesn't involve building structures or resource management. Instead, four agents—controlled by between one and four players—must sneak, hack, steal, and shoot their way up the corporate ladder. I feel like I probably don't have to sell you on the game that hard, since it's free. You will need both Humble and Steam accounts to redeem it, though.

The Talos Principle

The Humble Store actually has two big sales going on right now. The Sci-Fi Week sale is still on, and that means you can pick up Stellaris for $16, Galactic Civilizations III or Elite Dangerous for $13.59, The Talos Principle for $8, or Faster Than Light for just $2.49. This weekend is also the Capcom Weekend sale, so you can net Resident Evil 7 for $22.49, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for $12, Ultra Street Fighter IV for $7.49, or the sadly-overlooked Remember Me for $6.59. There's also Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite for $30, although you might be better off grabbing the fan-preferred Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for just $10.

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition

I've barely scratched the surface of the deals on offer, so go take a look around the Humble store if you haven't lately. It's also worth mentioning that the Humble Monthly bundle is only $12 a month, and subscribing right now will get you Ruiner, Kerbal Space Program, Dead Rising 4, Moon Hunters, Jalopy, and Crazy Machines 3. Monthly subscribers also get 10% off everything in the store. You can cancel your subscription any time—even immediately after you claim this month's games—and part of your purchase goes to charity. Let us know if you find a really great deal on the store this weekend.

MvC:I is definitely not as good as MvC3 (haven’t played the ultimate version tho) but MvC2 on the Dreamcast is where it’s at. What a wild game.

• Kretschmer

Buy FTL for $2.50. Now! You’ll thank me.

• Kretschmer

Logged in for my free game and ended up spending $30 for RE7. Curses, GOG!

• DancinJack

Man, the DMC franchise owns. DMC4 on PC isn’t as good as some of the console versions, but it’s still fun and cool.

edit: Also, Torchlight II is essentially Diablo 2.73. We (my group of friends) played quite a bit of it when taking breaks from Diablo 3.

edit2: Also you should DEFINITELY get FTL: Advanced Edition for 2.49. No brainer.

• nanoflower

While I enjoyed Torchlight 2 it didn’t have the same ability to capture me the way Diablo 2 did. Now Torchlight 1 on the other hand was loads of fun. Spent a lot of time playing through Diablo 2 and Torchlight 1.

• DancinJack

Yeah, I don’t really mean to say it’s a Diablo 2 replacement. It’s definitely closer to Diablo 3 than 2/LoD. It’s still worth five bucks IMO.

And yeah, I don’t even want to think about how much time I’ve invested in D2/LoD.

• RAGEPRO

What’s wrong with DMC4 on PC?

• not@home

Something that would be cool for those of us that are new to gaming is a game reference type of thing. Something like: “If you like Civilization try these similar games that are also awesome.” Maybe someone has already done this and I have not found it yet. It would be cool for finding other neat games that I would actually like, instead of buying a game and later finding out I do not like it.

• EndlessWaves

Mine seems to have worked fine though humble alone, no steam required.

Although I haven’t actually downloaded it yet, does it require steam store for the multiplayer or something?

Yes and you need to redeem the code by May 5, according to the page when I checked out.

• NovusBogus

I backed Satellite Reign back in the day…not very innovative or memorable, but it works well as a genre title and can’t argue with the price.

• Neutronbeam

Picked it up last night and looking forward to Battletech next week… No guts, no galaxy!

• nanoflower

I picked it up too. I recall seeing a video on it a year or so ago and it looked interesting. Not sure when I’ll get around to playing it but it’s always nice to have a backlog to choose from. So Battletech will replace Fallout 4 as your go to game, eh? 😉

• Neutronbeam

Well, until Mechwarrior comes out…