In Win’s A1 Mini-ITX case has sleek styling and a roomy interior

It's easy to make an interesting case design when you're not all that concerned about how much space it takes up. We've seen a number of outsized cases with curious styling, but Mini-ITX designs are less common. Most (but not all) Mini-ITX cases tend to be small, featureless boxes, too. Happily, that's not the case with In Win's new A1 Mini-ITX enclosures. These little cases have RGB LED lighting, a glass side window, and a top-mounted power-supply—just like larger contemporary chassis.

Said power supply is actually included with the machine. It's a 600-W model with 80 Plus Bronze certification. The PSU has two 6+2-pin PCI-E power connectors, and you'll be able to make use of them in the A1 as the case supports dual-slot graphics cards up to 11.8″ (30 cm) long. In fact, the A1 is actually a little large for an ITX case at 20 L total volume. This gives it room for CPU coolers up to 6.3″-tall (16 cm), as well as a pair of 120-mm fans.

The front panel ports are up on top of the A1. You get two USB 3.0 connections and the usual HD audio jacks. There's also Qi wireless charging for supported devices on top of the case, thanks to the pre-installed charging pad that's wired directly into the power supply. The charger works even when the PC is off, too. The only catch with this case would be its lack of 3.5″ drive bays—you get a pair of 2.5″ mounts plus whatever you can attach to your motherboard's M.2 slots, and that's it.

Gerbils will surely have their own opinions on the A1's styling, but the company calls it “Scandinavian.” That's surely referring to the Fractal Design-style understated exterior. There's a touch of Taiwanese taste too, though—the A1 sits up on a transparent base, and RGB LEDs shine through it. Naturally, the LEDs are addressable using motherboard lighting control headers.

In Win hasn't announced how much the A1 will cost yet, but given the included power supply, we'd be surprised if it's in the double digits. The case should show up in black and white versions later this month.

• FuturePastNow

Will this fit a Mini-DTX motherboard, too? I realize that’s a crazy question.

• DPete27

Technically yes, but you’ll be limited to a single slot on the x16 slot.

• Goty

I’m really enjoying the return of these super-compact ITX cases. Reminds me of the days when Shuttle’s XPCs were popular.

• Ninjitsu

[i<]Very cute[/i<], I like it 😀

• jihadjoe

I don’t think people buy mini-ITX to have a roomy case lol

• ronch

Design a plain looking box.. then call it sleek. 🙂

• DPete27

Isn’t this the DanCase A1? Or whatever it’s called.

Edit: oops nvm. 20L vs 7.2L

• auxy

This case looks OK but it’s frickin’ retarded. With as big as it is, what’s the point of ITX? And that stupid transparent base just makes it even bigger! (; ・`д・´)

Just put the other two slots on it and make it micro-ATX… that’s literally all you would have had to do…

Indeed. This is 40% larger than an SG08, but unlike the SG08 it doesn’t have:

[list<][*<]A 180mm fan for epic cooling[/*<][*<]3.5" drive support[/*<][*<]An optical bay (okay, nobody really needs that anymore)[/*<][/list<] This A1 is about the same size as the SG12 which has room for 12 drives, three of which are 3.5" and one of which is a full-size 5.25 bay that could be converted into another four drives, if you really wanted.... At least the A1 has cheesy plastic RGBLED that "magically floats on a cloud of color" /vomit

• uni-mitation

“Damn, girl, you looking mighty fine..*reads*

[quote=”E-boner killer”<]Said power supply is actually included with the machine. It's a 600-W model with 80 Plus Bronze certification. [/quote<] "Wait, girl, why are you packing so much power? I can't, I just can't, you are too much E-woman for me. " uni-mitation

• Kretschmer

That looks like fun, but my Node 305 has taught me that an ITX case without sound dampening can get loud.

• Srsly_Bro

As a Scandinavian person can I call cultural appropriation on this case?

• LocalCitizen

only if you take it to the prom

• uni-mitation

I am going to ask for your birth certificate & if you have in anyway associated with thought criminals ever???? As a requisite, you must be a member of the SJW priesthood, so please post a copy of your Cultural Studies degree. Plus, I am going to ask you where in the spectrum of the Oppression Olympics you fall in. This is a thorough vetting processing.

uni-mitation

• 223 Fan

The A1 was supposed to give me wood.

[url<]https://techreport.com/news/32018/in-win-wood-like-to-show-you-its-806-and-cube-a1[/url<]

• Pville_Piper

I’m so glad that was literal and not figurative…

• drwho

who needs 600w in their ITX case .. yes obviously a few , but the majority would probably only need 450w or even 300w . I would have been mightily impressed if they had included a pico psu and allowed ppl to have at least one 6tb 3.5 hdd .. looks ok , but until I see it in the flesh, and hear about the price (with/without psu) I’ll reserve judgement…

• JustAnEngineer

My Skylake gaming PC had a Core i7-6700K and a Radeon RX Vega 56 in a 14-liter mini-ITX [url=http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=533&area=en<]Fortress FTZ01S[/url<]. Fortunately, Silverstone offers several beefy power supplies in SFX and SFX-L form factors: [url<]http://www.silverstonetek.com/product_power.php?tno=7&area=en[/url<]

• Voldenuit

PS: the A1 also has an optional Qi wireless charger which lets you charge your phone on the top plate.

EDIT: Added つ ◕_◕ ༽つ [url=https://www.in-win.com/gaming-chassis/a1#white_A1<]Sauce[/url<] つ ◕_◕ ༽つ EDIT2: N/M, saw that Zak already mentioned it in the article and I'd missed it -_-.

• JustAnEngineer

You could plug one of these into a USB port or wall adapter:
      [url<]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143GESZO/[/url<]