Logitech K600 TV Keyboard takes the pain out of smart-TV control

Ah, the old days when smart TVs were nascent, and everyone and their dog was not-so-happily enjoying having to type out website addresses and cat video searches using nothing but a dinky TV remote. Logitech doesn't want anyone to suffer through that ever again, as it's just let loose the K600 TV Keyboard.

On the surface, this particular keyboard might look like a spruced-up and prettied-up wireless affair, but there's more than meets the eye. For starters, the keyboard is compatible with smart TVs from multiple vendors including Samsung, LG, Sony, and Philips. That means you can use the keyboard with no fuss on supported models to navigate menus and type in text.

Those tasks are made easy thanks to the presence of both a circular touchpad and a dedicated D-pad. The K600 works as a regular wireless keyboard with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices, too. The keyboard can be connected to up to three devices at any point, and users can switch between them with a keystroke. Connectivity options include Bluetooth (with support for the LE standard) and Logitech's own Unifying Receiver.

Logitech says that the two-AAA-battery load-out should be good for a year's worth of usage, and that the K600 should be usable up to 15 meters away from its connected device. The unit measures 0.8" x 14.4" x 4.6" (2 cm x 36.7 cm x 11.7 cm) and weighs 1.1 lb (500 g). Interested buyers can check out TV compatibility on this here website, or look into the K600's setup process by clicking here.

The Logitech K600 TV Keyboard should be available this month for $70. Pre-orders are available right away directly at the company's website.

• DarkUltra
    • 1 year ago

Square scissors-witch keys and square touchpad please!

• 1 year ago

So I bought a K380 because my Microsoft Arc keyboard is finally dying but I sent it back almost immediately. I think it lasted about ten minutes before I packed it up in the box.

I didn’t [i<]think[/i<] the round keys would matter but this particular decision by Logitech is a huge mistake. As a touch-typist, I honestly didn't realise how much the shape of the keycaps mattered, but they do. These round, chiclet "buttons" masquerading as keyboard keys should be avoided at all costs, IMO. I see that the "round" aesthetic has infected the trackpad too. [i<]Dear logitech, television screens are not round; Please do not make round trackpads for moving cursors around rectangular viewports.[/i<]

• Usacomp2k3
    • 1 year ago

Too bad it doesn’t work worth the Harmony system. That’s be slick.

• 1 year ago

I have a K400 and it’s not bad, but this looks like a step backward in some respects. In particular, the keyboard itself. The K400 works well with the Shield TV, too.

• rnalsation
    • 1 year ago

Round chiclet keys, NO THANK YOU. Also they removed the physical buttons near the touchpad to hinder 1 handed operation. And those arrow keys look this side of useless. For a $70 device this looks too much like compromises the keyboard.

• ludi
    • 1 year ago

Worth noting that if $70 is too rich, the K400r and K400Plus are down below $30 at various retailers. Just bought the ‘r’ off-the-shelf at Walmart for $20 last week to fulfill a temporary jobsite need.

• freebird
      • 1 year ago

Yeah I’ve bought 3 K400Rs and never paid over $20 for each. At least 2 of them are still working, not sure where the 3rd is currently 😀

Really would like one with backlighting… I use mine with my HTPC.

• Airmantharp
    • 1 year ago

This looks like it should be compatible with the Nvidia Shield based on specs, but no streaming boxes are to be found on their compatibility page.

• LauRoman
      • 1 year ago

It supports bluetooth. I do not know of any android device that does not support bluetooth keyboards. Also a large majority of android devices support usb keyboard and mice. That unifying receiver will work as a normal keyboard when connected to an adroid device over otg or normal usb