Deals of the day: a Radeon RX 570 4 GB for $150 and more

The PC hardware deals just keep coming this week. I wasn't expecting much when I paged through Newegg's latest circular this morning, but the e-tailer served up quite a few compelling discounts that we just couldn't ignore. Enjoy.

• Gigabyte's Radeon RX 570 Gaming 4G graphics card is on sale for just $149.99 at Newegg, or $20 below its suggested price. The RX 570 earned praise from us when it first hit the scene for its ample pixel-pushing power and high-quality-texture-friendly 4 GB of RAM. If you need a cheap way to get into high-fidelity 1920×1080 gaming, this is your card. Gigabyte's dual-fan cooler appears to have plenty of copper heat pipes and fins under its shroud, and some RGB LED accents and a backplate complete the package.

• LG's 43UD79-B 43" 4K display is on sale for $449.99 at Newegg—one of the lowest prices we've ever seen for this monitor. The 43" diagonal of this screen makes it a bit of a monster for desktop use, but if you want the extra space of a 4K resolution in an eye-friendly PPI or a display that can double as a TV in a pinch, the 43UD79-B could be just the ticket. Four HDMI inputs, a DisplayPort 1.2 connector, and a USB Type-C port with DisplayPort alternate mode compatibility give the 43UD79-B plenty of ways to get signals.

• Need a ton of archival storage? WD's Red 10-TB 5400-RPM NAS hard drive is here to help. This massive drive has a SATA interface, 256 MB of cache, and NAS-friendly firmware, but we imagine buyers will be most interested in its price. This drive is available for $269.99 at Newegg with promo code EMCPYRX24, making it the cheapest way around to get this sort of capacity at the moment.

• Corsair's Crystal Series 280X RGB case is on sale for $129.99 at Newegg with promo code EMCPYRX25. We liked the Crystal 280X's clean style and RGB LED flair when we reviewed it earlier this year, and the white version of the case could make a standout home for any microATX system. Builders can knock a further $20 off with a mail-in rebate, making this a killer deal considering that you get two LL120 fans and a lighting controller that would likely sell for over $75 on their own.

• Every build needs RAM, and Team Group's T-Force Vulcan kits have been a staple of our deals posts of late. You can get the red version of this RAM in a 3200 MT/s, 16-GB dual-channel configuration for just $119.99 right now at Newegg with promo code EMCPYRX23.

• Looking to put together a small-form-factor Ryzen system? ASRock's Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard might make a compelling foundation. This board has twin HDMI outputs for Ryzen APUs, plenty of USB ports on its back panel (including a Type-C port), a beefy VRM, built-in Intel 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and a socketed BIOS chip for easy recovery in the event of firmware corruption. You can get this board for $89.99 from Newegg, and ASRock will kick back another $10 with a rebate.

That's all for today, folks! There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg and Amazon, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, RakutenWalmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at Das Keyboard's shop.

• krazyredboy
    • 1 year ago

Just in case, it looks like the RAM that is linked is actually 3000, not 3200.

• SlappedSilly
    • 1 year ago

A warning to anyone looking at that LG display: This display has a design defect causing 3 of 4 edges (sides and bottom) of the screen to fade to black.

I only know the construction of LCD panels in a general sense, but from what I see on this display it looks like the backlight is either not big enough or too far away from the color filter. When you view the edge at an angle, it fades to black for lack of backlight. If you move around, you can see parallax effect giving a sense the back light surface is 3 or 4 mm behind the color filter.

Expect a few rows of pixels to be un-backlit on those edges.

• Wirko
      • 1 year ago

I’ve seen this effect on a Dell U2414H. Is this common in monitors with thin bezels?

• 1 year ago

I have the same monitor for my work PC, if my Amazon order history is to be believed. And I have nothing of the sort. Brightly lit all the way to the edges. I’d say you have a defective one.

• Nomgle
      • 1 year ago

I use a 42″ 4K screen that has the exact same “feature”.

But it’s really a none-issue – you only lose a few pixels at each edge, it’s barely enough to hide the edge-border of a Window. It doesn’t bother me at all.

EDIT : My DELL U2717D screens also exhibit it to a lesser extent – if I move my head to one side, I see the same dimming on the opposite side.

• 1 year ago

I think you’re describing color shift, not a backlight flaw.

• Waco
          • 1 year ago

No, it’s from the backlight being a few mm behind the panel. Most large screens do it up close unless the backlight is oversized.

• Nomgle
          • 1 year ago

It’s definitely the backlight, not a colour issue.

Here’s a close-up high-angle photo of my DELL – [url<]https://imgur.com/a/Rjgh8T7[/url<] - see how the right-side of the scroll bar halfway down, is obscured by darkness ? In day to day use, it's a none-issue - you're head isn't that close, and it's not at a sharp angle.

• 1 year ago

Ah, OK. Yeah, that’s terrible. I don’t think I could tolerate that. It would make my OCD kick in. πŸ˜†

• 1 year ago

That would make me crazy. I don’t think I’d ever get used to it. Backlight bleed (which is basically the opposite problem) also bugs me. Color non-uniformity is for the birds. Lol

• Kretschmer
    • 1 year ago

It’s amazing how much cheaper building a nice PC is compared to 3-5 months ago.

• Takeshi7
    • 1 year ago

Yesterday I picked up an RX 480 4GB for $102 on ebay with their 1 day 15% off coupon.

• busmaster@gmail.com
      • 1 year ago

What? you mean it goes for $127 ???

Two+ years ago the 480 was on sale for ~180$… Still can’t believe the gouging has been going on for so long.

Will not be upgrading my aging 7870 for a long time.

• Takeshi7
        • 1 year ago

$120 before the coupon. a few months ago I spent $70 on a Geforce 6800 GT 256MB.

Supply and demand can be cruel sometimes.

• jessterman21
    • 1 year ago

Had my eye on that card for a while – no free games with it anymore though… Not sure what happened to the coupon that was attached to it. I wonder if AMD will honor the free games.

• XTF
    • 1 year ago

This is all just affiliate linking / spamming, right? πŸ˜‰

• auxy
      • 1 year ago

Maybe you don’t realize this but advertisers are not paying very much anymore… sites need to do stuff like this to survive… TR is independent and not owned by any publisher, so this very site, even as important and influential as it has been, may not exist much longer. I know you were just being cheeky but jokes like that are in very poor taste in light of the reality of things. (・へ・)