TR’s Cyber Monday deals rundown

Happy Cyber Monday, gerbils. The deals just don't stop coming this holiday season, and we're filtering through the mountain of dross out there to find the gold within. Keep refreshing this post for more deals as we find them.

• AMD's Ryzen 7 2700X CPU is $269.99 today at Newegg, or $60 off its list price. That's the lowest price we've seen for AMD's highest-performing eight-core CPU thus far, and you get a spiffy Wraith Prism cooler in the box that's entirely capable of letting this TR Editor's Choice award-winning chip take full advantage of its performance headroom. Amazon also has the 2700X for $264.99.
  • ASRock's Phantom Gaming Radeon RX Vega 56 graphics card is $339.99 today at Newegg. This is a reference design, but the RX Vega 56 isn't nearly as hot-headed as the RX Vega 64 and can be tamed reasonably quietly with AMD's reference blower. You get free codes for The Division 2, Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5 when those games arrive, too.
  • Corsair's Crystal Series 280X case is $69.99 today at Newegg after a $20 rebate card. This particular Crystal 280X doesn't have any RGB LEDs inside, but you won't mind given its clean style and solid construction for microATX builds.
  • Starting a budget Ryzen build? Check out the ASRock AB350M Pro4 motherboard, selling for $44.99 today at Newegg after a $20 rebate card. With fully heatsinked VRMs and a bevy of connectivity options, this board could be just the ticket for one of the affordable Ryzen chips circulating of late.
  • Speaking of AMD motherboards, Asus' ROG Strix X399-E is one of the rare AMD high-end desktop boards to fall below the $250 mark of late. For $239.99 at Newegg, you're getting a board with everything the X399 chipset has to offer for Threadripper CPUs, and it's a perfect pairing for one of the affordable Threadrippers floating around right now.
  • Speaking of affordable Threadrippers, the incredible Threadripper 1950X is available today from Newegg for $449.99. 'Nuff said.
  • Need a massive chunk of solid-state storage? Crucial's MX500 2-TB SSD is $208.99 today at Amazon. This speedy SATA drive is a mainstay of today's system builds for its mix of high performance and low pricing, and it's hard to argue with 10 cents per gigabyte. You can also get the 1-TB version of this drive for $119.99 through Rakuten with the checkout code CYBER20.
  • If you've been waiting for a compelling reason to step up to a high-end graphics card, we think EVGA's GeForce GTX 1070 SC is a good path to take. For $299.99 at Amazon, you get sweet 1920×1080 gaming performance and solid 2560×1440 performance, and EVGA's coolers are renowned for their quiet operation and effectiveness.
  • Eyeing a Coffee Lake build? Amazon will sell you a combo comprising a Core i7-8700K CPU, an Asus Z370-A II motherboard, and an Intel SSD 760P 256-GB NVMe gumstick for $499.99. That's a $91.98 savings over buying each one of those components separately.
  • Got a system with an M.2 slot that could use an SSD? Adata's SU800 256-GB SATA gumstick could be your drive. At $33.59 from Rakuten with the checkout code CYBER20, this bit bucket is almost a no-brainer at 13 cents a gig.
  • Every living room could use a powerful mini-PC, and Intel is blowing out its NUC8i7HVK "Hades Canyon" barebones PC for $699.99 on Amazon today—$300 off its suggested price. The NUC8i7HVK scored a TR Editor's Choice award for its incredible performance-per-liter a while back, and I've been pleased as punch with TR's review unit in its role as my HTPC.
  • Gaming notebooks are more accessible than ever, and HP's Pavilion Gaming Laptop exemplifies what's possible for not a lot of dosh these days. With an Intel Core i5-8300H CPU, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 RAM, and a 15.6" 1920×1080 IPS display, this laptop packs an amazing punch for $599 at Walmart. Throw in a cheap SSD to replace or augment the 1-TB mechanical hard drive in this system, and you'll be sitting pretty for gaming on the go.
  • Need an inexpensive, power-efficient graphics card primed for silky-smooth 1920×1080 gaming? EVGA's GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB Superclocked should be your choice. At $200 on Amazon today, this TR Editor's Choice award winner is a deal thanks to its potent performance and go-anywhere size.
  • Intel's SSD 660p 1 TB isn't going to win any NVMe drag races thanks to its QLC NAND, but that might not be a big deal for a big slice of solid-state storage at 13.5 cents per gig. You can get this drive for $134.99 today at Newegg Flash.
  • Every modern system can benefit from fast DDR4 memory, and G.Skill's Sniper X RAM has proved its mettle in the TR labs. You can get a 16-GB DDR4-3600 kit of the stuff today at Newegg for just $119.99.

There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg and Amazon, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, RakutenWalmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at Das Keyboard's shop.

• meerkt

Oculus Rift with 2 controllers, $350 (normally $400):
    [url<]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073X8N1YW[/url<] Happened a few times in the past.

• Krogoth
    • 1 year ago

2700X is already sold out at the egg and amazon at that those prices.

• Fieryphoenix
    • 1 year ago

I did a little better than Amazon for the same i7-8700k CPU and motherboard, just minus the SSD. It was a shell-shocker deal so I think many overlooked it. [url<]https://www.qksrv.net/links/1800524/type/am/http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3878111[/url<] I also got in on a great bundle deal on Black Friday for an EVGA 1080Ti XC Gaming and a Supernova 1600 T2 (which I wanted too) and Battlefield V for $1,130, so I am feeling like the bandit that got away. *sigh* Except now I have to sell some of my old gear to make up for the expense. What a pain. (EDIT: the referral in my link here is Tech Report's. Hope it works the way I did it) Oh! I almost forgot today is the EVGA CLC 280 for $75. [url<]https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Liquid-Cooler-Cooling-400-HY-CL28-V1/dp/B01N16CAKN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543261161&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+280?tag=techreport09-20[/url<] When I got it earlier today they threw in a free stiff hose routing kit but they appear to have run out of that.

• Acidicheartburn
    • 1 year ago

B&H Photo is selling the Zotac 1070ti Mini for $359: [url<]https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1369522-REG/zotac_zt_p10710g_10p_geforce_gtx_1070_ti.html[/url<]

• soccergenius

Am I missing these flash-sale prices? 🙁

The linked EVGA 1070ti is showing as $499 USD with a $20 rebate.

• Acidicheartburn
        • 1 year ago

Looks like the sale prices on those cards literally just ended. That’s really bad luck. I’ve edited my post with updated information. The Zotac card went up a bit in price and the EVGA 1070ti is no longer on sale.

I’ve read about the Zotac card and it can potentially run a bit hot and loud but otherwise performs just as well as any other 1070ti.

• dragontamer5788
    • 1 year ago

Cyber Monday Bitcoin sale: just $3650 a BTC!

• Krogoth
      • 1 year ago

and it keeps tumbling down…..

• K-L-Waster
        • 1 year ago

Wonder how soon before the BTC people are trying to dump are worth less than the cost of the electricity required to complete the transaction?

• dragontamer5788
          • 1 year ago

Miners are already mining for a loss (and remember: mining is required to transact BTC). So the answer to your question is “weeks ago”.

Miners who are still active expect the price to go back up. I don’t buy the “hashrate” explanation either, becuase Miners can very easily wait for the hashrate to drop before turning their machines back on. The mining race happens every 10 minutes after all, you don’t need to stay on the BTC network.

A few months ago, the hashrate was 50 Exa-hashes / second. Its now 40ish Exa-hashes / second. More miners are going to have to turn off before the difficulty (and electrical costs) drop.

• K-L-Waster
            • 1 year ago

I thought the entire idea behind the algorithm is the difficulty never drops, which means eventually it will be impossible to create more BitCoins — that was the basis of the entire “finite supply” *feature* was it not?

• meerkt
            • 1 year ago

No. Every two weeks the difficulty auto-adjusts to the available hash power . But there’s a limit to the difficulty change per adjust, so if the hash rate changes drastically it could take multiple two-week periods for the difficulty to catch up or down.

• dragontamer5788
            • 1 year ago

There are two independent things going on here:

1. Difficulty itself changes every 2 weeks: when a lot of miners are mining, difficulty spikes to slow down the network. When fewer people mine, the difficulty drops down. The idea is for the blockchain to process a transaction every 10 minutes.

2. Every time a set of transactions are processed, the miner who processes that transaction is rewarded the BTC Transaction Fee for those transactions. [b<]AND[/b<] a set of "free coins", called "mining". The "free coins" were designed to encourage miners to come in and reach critical mass. In effect, mined coins are the reward for processing transactions (in an age where people don't want to pay for transaction fees yet). However, the goal of the network is to eventually be self-sustaining, so over the course of ~100 years, the mining-rewards will half every couple of years, to slowly transition the network towards transaction-fee based rewards.

• K-L-Waster
            • 1 year ago

Thanks (and to Meerkt as well).

So where does the finite supply come in? (I keep hearing the reason it’s valuable at all because is eventually the supply will be curtailed.)

• dragontamer5788
            • 1 year ago

After 100+ years (I think 120 years??), the 21-million BTC will be mined, and no more can be made. I forget exactly, but its not actually within our lifetime.

[quote<] (I keep hearing the reason it's valuable at all because is eventually the supply will be curtailed.)[/quote<] Its a bit weird cause its logarithmic. Its probably best to just point you at charts and infographics: [url<]https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/[/url<] Does that make it more clear? EDIT: BTW: I don't believe BTC will remain "valuable", at least any more valuable than any other scarce good. There are only a finite number of land, or AAPL stock, or anything else in this world. Economics is generally the study of "the allocation of finite-goods". If any good were infinite, then it wouldn't have a cost. IE: Breathable air is effectively infinite, and thus doesn't have a major cost. Clean water however, is finite, and thusly has a cost ( a low one, due to good infrastructure that makes it cheap. But it has a cost nonetheless ).

• ludi
      • 1 year ago

One year later and it’s pretty much back to the trendline it would have followed if the speculative bubble hadn’t happened.

• albundy
      • 1 year ago

Ah, the old $100 Monopoly money for $10 deal. You are making 90%. You can buy houses, hotels, and even make rent money. The Best part is that this is backed by Milton Bradley. A well known company.

• jihadjoe
      • 1 year ago

The more you buy, the more you save!

• meerkt

Sale ended. $4300 now.

• 1 year ago

MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB for $190: [url<]https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-580-ARMOR-MK2/dp/B079NX4GCF?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9385d1dd_NA&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/url<] Core i7-8700K + Asus Z370 A-II motherboard + Intel 760p 256GB SSD for $500: [url<]https://www.amazon.com/Z370-Motherboard-i7-8700K-Desktop-Processor/dp/B07HRGYLRX?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9385d1dd_NA&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/url<] Ryzen 7 2700X for $265: [url<]https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-Wraith-Cooler/dp/B07B428M7F?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9385d1dd_NA&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/url<] Those are the only other deals worth having in Amazon's [url=https://www.amazon.com/apb/page/ref=gbph_tit_m-3_808b_9385d1dd?handlerName=OctopusDealLandingStream&deals=9385d1dd&marketplaceId=ATVPDKIKX0DER&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2446d40c-ae28-43de-a179-a9ffc6b7808b&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=5550342011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=B8H0PGH2Y5SFFYN617FV<]featured PC hardware deals[/url<] page.

• etana
      • 1 year ago

The MSI is OOS, but they still have an XFX RX580 for the same $190 [url<]https://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-1386MHz-Graphics-RX-580P8DFD6/dp/B06Y66K3XD?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9385d1dd_NA&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/url<]

• weaktoss
    • 1 year ago

I just pulled the trigger on HyperX’s Cloud Flight on sale for $100 at Amazon.
    [url<]https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Flight-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/dp/B077ZGRY9V/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543245683&sr=8-2[/url<] I'm skeptical of wireless headsets, but weary of the hideous mess of wires at my desk. edit: Same price at Best Buy. [url<]https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyperx-cloud-flight-wireless-stereo-gaming-headset-for-pc-ps4-black/6174412.p?skuId=6174412[/url<]

• The Egg
    • 1 year ago

That 2TB MX500 for $208 is nuts. Of course I had to go and spend $300 on an 860EVO a couple weeks ago….

• RickyTick
    • 1 year ago

Was really hoping for a dual fan GTX1060 6gb on sale, but the best I’ve found is an Asus for $220. I guess it will have to do.
    [url<]https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9B-14-126-122&nm_mc=afc-cjb2b&cm_mmc=afc-cjb2b-_-Video+Card+-+Nvidia-_-ASUS-_-9B14126122&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-cjb2b-PCPartPicker%2C+LLC&cjevent=d9972a6df18a11e8822307ec0a240613[/url<]

• Beltonius
    • 1 year ago

The 2TB MX500 drive is quite tempting – I already jumped on the 500GB version deal (for $65 basically everywhere) to upgrade my wife’s desktop.

• cygnus1
      • 1 year ago

I ended up with the 1TB on Amazon Prime day, and it’s been really solid. That 2 TB is a hell of a deal, kind of wish I had a reason to buy still 😉

• DPete27
    • 1 year ago

[url=https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150819<]XFX Vega56 for $330 after MIR[/url<] today only.

• DairyCreamer
    • 1 year ago

I feel all sorts of stupid for not hopping on the PSU deals from Black Friday.

That, and I was really hoping to see my Amazon cart show some price drops when I woke up this morning, but nope.

Seems like Cyber Monday isn’t worth much.

• DPete27
      • 1 year ago

Generally isn’t as good as Black Friday.

• mattshwink
      • 1 year ago

I got what I thought (ok, it was) was a great deal on an HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 for my wife (i7, 8GB 256GB SSD, 13.3 Full HD display) for $949.99 ($300 off) from Best Buy on Black Friday. Today, it’s $899.99 ($350 off, $50 less than Friday). I tried to price match with an online rep but they said it can’t be done until tomorrow (when regular pricing returns). They did say I could return it (since I am in the 14 day window) and then buy at the new price. That is crazy, since they then have to sell it as open box and have to restock it. So off to the store I go to try to convince someone in person that they don’t want me to return and repurchase it, they just to give me the $50 off. It’s just the principal, I still got a good deal, but I’ll return repurchase if I have to….

• mattshwink
        • 1 year ago

Best Buy in store gave me the extra $50 off ($53 because of tax) no problem. I am a happy camper.

• ludi
      • 1 year ago

CyberMonday is an anachronism of the late 1990s/early 2000s. I’m surprised it’s hung on as long as it has.

• Krogoth

No cyberpunk cheese?

• enixenigma
    • 1 year ago

Worth mentioning that Micro Center has the 2700X on sale for 249.99 for those that are fortunate enough to have one close by.

• jihadjoe
      • 1 year ago

They had the 1700X for $130, plus $30 off if you get a motherboard. That’s 8 good cores for a hundred bucks!

• thedosbox
    • 1 year ago

Am I the only one who’s disappointed there’s no deal for the kitty litter robot?

• Neutronbeam

• Waco
      • 1 year ago

Nope. We were looking at getting a second one because they are absolutely worth every penny.

• Star Brood
      • 1 year ago

We got a non programmable one delivered today. My wife has named him Dusty. He’s picked up a ton of cat fur already which our regular vacuum has somehow been missing.