Happy Cyber Monday, gerbils. The deals just don't stop coming this holiday season, and we're filtering through the mountain of dross out there to find the gold within. Keep refreshing this post for more deals as we find them.
- AMD's Ryzen 7 2700X CPU is $269.99 today at Newegg, or $60 off its list price. That's the lowest price we've seen for AMD's highest-performing eight-core CPU thus far, and you get a spiffy Wraith Prism cooler in the box that's entirely capable of letting this TR Editor's Choice award-winning chip take full advantage of its performance headroom. Amazon also has the 2700X for $264.99.
- ASRock's Phantom Gaming Radeon RX Vega 56 graphics card is $339.99 today at Newegg. This is a reference design, but the RX Vega 56 isn't nearly as hot-headed as the RX Vega 64 and can be tamed reasonably quietly with AMD's reference blower. You get free codes for The Division 2, Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5 when those games arrive, too.
- Corsair's Crystal Series 280X case is $69.99 today at Newegg after a $20 rebate card. This particular Crystal 280X doesn't have any RGB LEDs inside, but you won't mind given its clean style and solid construction for microATX builds.
- Starting a budget Ryzen build? Check out the ASRock AB350M Pro4 motherboard, selling for $44.99 today at Newegg after a $20 rebate card. With fully heatsinked VRMs and a bevy of connectivity options, this board could be just the ticket for one of the affordable Ryzen chips circulating of late.
- Speaking of AMD motherboards, Asus' ROG Strix X399-E is one of the rare AMD high-end desktop boards to fall below the $250 mark of late. For $239.99 at Newegg, you're getting a board with everything the X399 chipset has to offer for Threadripper CPUs, and it's a perfect pairing for one of the affordable Threadrippers floating around right now.
- Speaking of affordable Threadrippers, the incredible Threadripper 1950X is available today from Newegg for $449.99. 'Nuff said.
- Need a massive chunk of solid-state storage? Crucial's MX500 2-TB SSD is $208.99 today at Amazon. This speedy SATA drive is a mainstay of today's system builds for its mix of high performance and low pricing, and it's hard to argue with 10 cents per gigabyte. You can also get the 1-TB version of this drive for $119.99 through Rakuten with the checkout code CYBER20.
- If you've been waiting for a compelling reason to step up to a high-end graphics card, we think EVGA's GeForce GTX 1070 SC is a good path to take. For $299.99 at Amazon, you get sweet 1920×1080 gaming performance and solid 2560×1440 performance, and EVGA's coolers are renowned for their quiet operation and effectiveness.
- Eyeing a Coffee Lake build? Amazon will sell you a combo comprising a Core i7-8700K CPU, an Asus Z370-A II motherboard, and an Intel SSD 760P 256-GB NVMe gumstick for $499.99. That's a $91.98 savings over buying each one of those components separately.
- Got a system with an M.2 slot that could use an SSD? Adata's SU800 256-GB SATA gumstick could be your drive. At $33.59 from Rakuten with the checkout code CYBER20, this bit bucket is almost a no-brainer at 13 cents a gig.
- Every living room could use a powerful mini-PC, and Intel is blowing out its NUC8i7HVK "Hades Canyon" barebones PC for $699.99 on Amazon today—$300 off its suggested price. The NUC8i7HVK scored a TR Editor's Choice award for its incredible performance-per-liter a while back, and I've been pleased as punch with TR's review unit in its role as my HTPC.
- Gaming notebooks are more accessible than ever, and HP's Pavilion Gaming Laptop exemplifies what's possible for not a lot of dosh these days. With an Intel Core i5-8300H CPU, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 RAM, and a 15.6" 1920×1080 IPS display, this laptop packs an amazing punch for $599 at Walmart. Throw in a cheap SSD to replace or augment the 1-TB mechanical hard drive in this system, and you'll be sitting pretty for gaming on the go.
- Need an inexpensive, power-efficient graphics card primed for silky-smooth 1920×1080 gaming? EVGA's GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB Superclocked should be your choice. At $200 on Amazon today, this TR Editor's Choice award winner is a deal thanks to its potent performance and go-anywhere size.
- Intel's SSD 660p 1 TB isn't going to win any NVMe drag races thanks to its QLC NAND, but that might not be a big deal for a big slice of solid-state storage at 13.5 cents per gig. You can get this drive for $134.99 today at Newegg Flash.
- Every modern system can benefit from fast DDR4 memory, and G.Skill's Sniper X RAM has proved its mettle in the TR labs. You can get a 16-GB DDR4-3600 kit of the stuff today at Newegg for just $119.99.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg and Amazon, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at Das Keyboard's shop.