All the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti cards so far

After weeks of rumors and leaks, the newest member of the Turing family has arrived. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti became available today, promising performance on par with the GTX 1070. And yes, that’s "GTX" not "RTX," because although these little fellas are based on the Turing architecture, they lack some of the high-end, future-looking technologies like ray-tracing and DLSS.

The RTX 1660 Ti is available from a laundry list of AIB partners, including (in alphabetical order) Asus, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galax, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY, and Zotac. Prices start at $279 and go up from there depending no features. Want a convenient list of them all? Here’s a convenient list of all the ones that are currently available, and below that we've discussed even the ones that aren't. Note the lack of a Founder’s Edition card throughout.

Asus GTX 1660 Ti Dual $310
Asus GTX 1660 Ti Phoenix $285
Asus ROG Strix GT 1660 Ti $330
EVGA XC GTX 1660 Ti $290
EVGA XC Black GTX 1660 Ti $280
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC  $290
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC $280
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC $290
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti Mini ITX OC $280
MSI GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS $280
MSI GTX 1660 Ti Armor $300
MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X $310
Zotac Gaming GTX 1660 Ti $280

Asus

Asus has a quartet of GTX 1660 Ti cards with a choir’s worth of SKUs. There’s a triple-fan Strix version that leads the troupe, as well as a TUF edition that’s purported to have passed a brutal validation program. The Asus Dual went through the same validation; they seem pretty much identical save for slightly different fans. The baby of the family is the single-fan Phoenix.

There are nine total GTX 1660 Ti SKUs from Asus. They all have the same number CUDA cores and 6 GB GDDR6 VRAM, and nearly the same I/O. All of the cards have two HDMI 2.0b ports. The three Strix models (Strix, Strix OC, Strix Advanced Edition) add two DisplayPort 1.2 ports, and the rest of the group swaps one of those DisplayPorts for a DVI-D output. Otherwise, they're differentiated from one another largely in their boost clocks, which range across the lineup from 1770 MHz to 1890 MHz in overclock modes.

Colorful

In contrast to Asus’ pile of GTX 1660 Ti cards, Colorful has but one. What it lacks in SKUs, Colorful makes up for with the length of the name: Colorful iGame GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Ultra 6G. It’s a three-fan affair, with a 6+2 power phase and a backplate sporting the company’s Silver Plating Technology (SPT) to aid cooling. At $319, it’s among the most expensive versions of the 1660 Ti card.

EVGA

EVGA has three GTX 1660 Ti cards but two designs. One is a two-slot, two-fan card, and the other covers a beastly 2.5 slots but has just one fan. The latter uses a taller fan hub that accommodates a larger heat sink, which EVGA says results in lower fan noise. Aside from the different shrouds and fans, the XC Black ($280), XC ($290), and XC Ultra ($310) all have different boost blocks. The XC Black is at 1770 MHz, the XC is 1845 MHz, and the XC Ultra tops both with a boost clock of 1860 MHz. All three cards have HDMI 2.0b, DP 1.4, and Dual-Link DVI ports.

Gainward

Gainward isn’t a name we mention often, but there it is, with three GTX 1660 Ti cards to offer. Its Ghost OC has two fans, its Pegasus and Pegasus OC have one (each), and all three take up two slots. Like EVGA, Gainward differentiated these cards a bit with different boost clocks. You can get a single-fan Pegasus with a boost clock of 1770 MHz or 1815 MHz, or the dual-fan Ghost at 1815 MHz. The cards offers HDMI 2, DP, and DVI-D ports. It’s unclear how much they’ll cost.

Galax

Galax has yet to post a listing for its GTX 1660 Ti card(s), which is ironic and funny given that box shots of Galax’ GTX 1660 Ti leaked like a sieve all over the web leading up to the launch date. Once there’s something official, we’ll add it. Update:  Now there are four—the 1660 Ti (1-Click OC)EX White (1-Clock OC), White Mini (1-Click OC), and EX (1-Click OC).

Gigabyte

Like Asus, Gigabyte has a big ‘ol pile of GTX 1660 Ti cards. The Aorus model has three 80 mm Windforce fans and five heat pipes that directly touch the GPU, as well as a metal backplate that features RGB lighting. The Gaming OC card also has three fans, but they’re “alternate spinning” fans, and they have three heat pipes instead of five.

Gigabyte has two dual-fan models in the OC and Windforce OC cards. The former’s fans are 90 mm, and the latter’s are larger at 100 mm. Their backplates promise to enhance structural support, and they have an unspecified number of heat pipes. Bringing up the rear in adorable fashion is the Mini ITX OC, bearing a single fan and a length of just 17 cm.

Oddly, Gigabyte doesn’t have these listed on its site yet, so we had to go poking around Newegg to find out more. We found three of the five—the dual-fan and single-fan models. The OC is $280, the Windforce OC is $290, and the little Mini ITX OC is also $280.

All five of the cards appear to have the same array of I/O: one HDMI port and three DisplayPorts.

Inno3D

Another smaller player in the market, Inno3D has just the one card—the GTX 1660 Ti Twin X2. It has a reinforced backplate for stability and dual fans (if you couldn’t surmise from the name), and its boost clock is 1770 MHz. It has one HDMI 2.0b port and three DP 1.4. And there’s not much more to say about that.

MSI

MSI stuck with three GTX 1660 Ti SKUs, and all of them have two fans. Other than their clearly defined shrouds, the three cards have subtle differences. The Ventus XS has a boost clock of 1830 MHz, uses Torx Fan 2.0 fans, and offers MSI’s Afterburner Overclocking utility. A bump up to 1860 MHz marks the Armor card, which has the same fans and overclocking utility but employs Zero Frozr technology to reduce fan noise. Armed with the Twin Frozr 7 thermal design and Torx Fan 3.0, the Gaming X card has a boost clock that’s slightly higher still, at 1875 MHz.

The Ventus X is the least expensive of the trio at $280. The Armor and Gaming X cost $300 and $310, respectively.

Palit

Expecting one GTX 1660 Ti card from Palit? Nope, the company has four of them, although it has details on only two at the moment. Its StormX and StormX OC cards are both designed for Mini-ITX cases, with single 10-cm fans. The StormX boosts to 1770 MHz, whereas the StormX OC predictably nudges higher, to 1815 MHz. Both cards have HDMI 2.0b, DP 1.4, and Dual-Link DVI-D ports. It’s unclear how much they cost.

Two more Palit cards, the Dual series, are coming “very soon,” according to the company. All we know about them is that they’ll have two fans apiece along with “LED lighting.”

PNY

The lone GTX 1660 Ti option from PNY is a little card with a sizable boost clock. The XLR8 Gaming Overclock Edition offers 1815 MHz boost in a single-fan format. Like some of the other smaller cards, it has HDMI 2.0b, DP 1.4, and DVI-D for I/O. It meets the base price of $279.

Zotac

Zotac’s two GTX 1660 Ti cards are designed to be as compact as possible. The Gaming model measures 173.4 x 111.15 x 35.3 mm, and the Gaming AMP is a little bigger at 209.6 x 119.3 x 41 mm. The Gaming version has dual offset fan that Zotac says are “optimized for static pressure and airflow,” and the AMP model offers the company’s IceStorm 2.0 cooling tech. Though meant to be compact, both cards offer the array of I/O found on the larger competitors—one HDMI and three DisplayPorts. The AMP model also features a metal backplate. They have different boost clocks; the Gaming card boosts to 1770 MHz, but the corresponding spec for the AMP is TBD.

The AMP model is listed, on Amazon, where it’s priced at $280 but is out of stock. The other is listed there as well, but it's listed as unavailable with no price tag.

• llisandro
    • 8 months ago

best thing about this card is that it seems to be dropping the price of used 1070s?

yeah, likely used for mining.

• CScottG
    • 8 months ago

As far as raw performance.. to much at $280. If it was $250 (or less) as a “starter” price it would make more sense when compared to a ($350) 2060. (..though just looking at 1080p it looks like the best value currently.)

“Premium” versions of this are a particularly bad value vs. a ($350) 2060.

..my guess is the $30 premium is a share-holder appeasement-price. ..which smacks of getting corn-holed by “mining” yet again (and their over-production of older GTX).

• 8 months ago

If you want “best value” at 1080p, it’s really hard to ignore the factory-overclocked RX 570 models starting at $135 and up. XFX and Powercolor both offering decent 4GB models with 1250+ clocks.

They’re only around two-thirds the performance of a 1660Ti but at almost one-third the cost they make a lot of other cards in the $200-300 look like a rip-off. The 570 can handle 1080p/60fps/High or Ultra just fine, whilst spending an extra $140-200 for various iterations of the 1660Ti still leaves you short of GPU peformance for either 1080p/144Hz or 1440p.

• Leader952
      • 8 months ago

[quote<]..my guess is the $30 premium is a share-holder appeasement-price[/quote<] That $30 pays for the 42% larger die size. (284 mm2) for the GTX 1660 Ti (TU116) vs (200 mm2) for the GTX 1060 (GP106) [url<]https://www.anandtech.com/show/13973/nvidia-gtx-1660-ti-review-feat-evga-xc-gaming[/url<]

• Platedslicer
    • 8 months ago

Sorry about the ignorance but is there any indication that NV is going to put out higher end non-ray-tracing cards? I’ve looked but no luck.

Call me backwards, but I like my gaming silky smooth, and I’m not paying a hefty premium for a feature that craps on my frame rate. Not if I can avoid it.

• Krogoth
      • 8 months ago

I find that prospect to be very unlikely unless RTX mode never gets widespread adoption and Nvidia ends up abandoning it for non-professional applications.

They are gambling on RTX mode getting leverage in the hope that will stall of the growing threat of iGPUs encroaching onto the value and mid-range segments of the discrete GPU market. Tensor cores are still far too large to be incorporated into an iGPU die along with other the components (shaders, TMUs, ROPs).

• K-L-Waster
      • 8 months ago

As shown in Jeff’s reviews and others, if the game doesn’t make use of ray tracing (which is almost all titles so far) the ray tracing hardware doesn’t do anything and performance is unaffected.

Now, of course you can then make a case for not wanting to pay a hefty premium for a feature you’re not using…

• ronch
    • 8 months ago

Was kinda confused when I saw this. I could’ve sworn we just went from 1050/1060/1070/1080 to 2060/2070/2080.

• RickyTick
      • 8 months ago

Yeah, I don’t get it either.

• moose17145
    • 8 months ago

[quote<]Prices start at $279 and go up from there depending no features.[/quote<] Sounds like Apple... the fewer the features the higher the price.

• jihadjoe
      • 8 months ago

Sounds like Porsche! We took everything out of the Carrera T and now it costs $11,000 more than the model it’s based on.

• Brainsan
        • 8 months ago

Simplifying and adding lightness is not cheap!

• K-L-Waster
          • 8 months ago

That sounds more like Lotus.

• Wirko

A Jobsian slip.

• RoxasForTheWin
    • 8 months ago

Trying to decide if I should be happy that I’ve gotten so much use out of my 1070 at the price I got it at, or if I should be upset that there hasn’t really been a worthy upgrade that is in the same price bracket as the 1070

• leor
      • 8 months ago

I feel the same way about the Titan I bought in 2016. There is still no compelling upgrade to that card.

• RoxasForTheWin
        • 8 months ago

I remember contemplating 760 SLI to scratch at Titan performance, ended up going with a 770 that I ended up regretting because I got the 2gb version with a 1440p monitor. Ah VRAM limits

• albundy
    • 8 months ago

thanks but i’d rather not pay twice as much for the same performance as my 1070.

• Leader952

WTH are you smoking!!!

Since when does a GTX 1660 Ti cost twice as much as a GTX 1070?

• K-L-Waster
      • 8 months ago

A quick look at Newegg shows if anything the 1660 TI is cheaper than the 1070. So unless you got a screaming deal somewhere….

• Ninjitsu
      • 8 months ago

You’re also not the target market…

• chuckula
      • 8 months ago

Well since I stole 40 Radeon VIIs, don’t even get me started at the infinite price ratio that Nvidia is pushing for these things vs my free Radeons!

• Growler
        • 8 months ago

[quote<]Well since I stole 40 Radeon VIIs[/quote<] And that's terrible!

• Freon

You got a 1070 for $140?

• Jigar
      • 8 months ago

Looks like no one got your sarcasm…

• Leader952

because it wasn’t sarcasm

• 8 months ago

Where can I get a $140 1070?

• NTMBK
    • 8 months ago

A bit disappointing that nobody made a blower cooler- some cases really need to dump the heat out the back.

Agreed.

Exhausting blowers get a bad rap because they’re noisier when tested on an open test-bench with a dBA sound meter.

In the real world, there are plenty of ordinary and very popular cases that are overall louder when using an open GPU cooler because the CPU and case cooling has to ramp up to accommodate the warm air pollution that an open GPU causes.

My own experience in quick testing at home between a 970 (blower), vega56 (blower) and RTX 2060 (open cooler) is that the 970’s blower at 145W results in the quietest PC followed by the Vega56’s blower (185W as tested) and then the 160W RTX2060 being the noisiest. I can’t hear the 2060 at all, but the case fans and CPU fan are definitely more noticeable with the open cooler.

I guess if the blower is inadequate for the TDP of the card (Vega64 stock bios, or reference 980Ti, for example) then the blower is going to be obnoxious in the same way an inadequate open cooler will be. At 120W though, a very quiet double-slot blower ought to be a no brainer for mITX and mATX markets looking at a 1660Ti upgrade.

(NZXT H440 NE, segregated PSU airflow, 3x 120mm intakes and 3x lower-speed 140mm exhausts )

• DPete27
    • 8 months ago

I’d like to know what audience EVGA is thinking they’re catering to with a triple slot, single fan, short GPU….that won’t fit in any mITX cases, and mATX/ATX cases rarely have such stringent length requirements.

• 8 months ago

There are plenty of popular cases from half a decade ago that had drive cages interfering with cards over about 10.5″ long.

Certainly the 2.75-slot width rules out most mITX cases but I can imagine there are a few people happy that EVGA shortened the card without reducing the heatsink surface area. I think it’s okay, since they’re also offering the traditional 2-slot dual-fan card as well.

• bhtooefr
      • 8 months ago

NCASE M1 with an ATX or SFX-L power supply? That’s about the only application where a three-slot card would fit and there’s a significant length restriction that I can think of…

• mikepers
        • 8 months ago

I have an NCASE M1 and use an SFX power supply. I can get a full length card in there but not sure about the 2.5 wide card. I’ll have to pop off the side and take a look when I’m home.

• bhtooefr
          • 8 months ago

NCASE M1 can take a triple slot card no problem – in fact it has a full third slot.

Tall cards (which this is not) are a problem, and if you’re using an ATX or SFX-L power supply (not regular SFX, that’s perfectly fine, I’ve got a 1070 FE in my M1 underneath a SFX power supply), you’ll have trouble at best getting a longer card under the power supply (especially if it’s modular – non-modular supplies can at least have the harness all the way at the front of the case).

• NovusBogus
      • 8 months ago

I could theoretically take advantage of it with my case, as I found out the hard way that it won’t let me connect a power cable to the top of a GPU that’s already an inch higher than the PCI bracket. But I also don’t want to give up yet another of my mATX board’s limited PCIe slots especially if I could (and did) get a normal sized two slot Pascal equivalent.

• Waco
    • 8 months ago

There’s my brother’s next GPU.

• Srsly_Bro
      • 8 months ago

I’ve called you bro a few times. We tend to fight in the comments. I’m def your bro then. Send it over.

• Waco

Seriously? 😛

• NTMBK

Dude has a point

• Waco

True, but I’m only nice to people I like. 😛

• thecoldanddarkone
      • 8 months ago

I think the gpu is nice. It’s basically a gtx 1070 with very low power usage (faster in newer games). Sure it’s slower than a vega56. It also uses half the amount of power easily….