- Here's quite the shocking deal. RAM prices have been quite low of late, but what if we had a kit that's fast and capacious and cheap? Yep, it's the G.Skill Ripjaws V dual-channel 32 GB set with 3600 MT/s sticks. No, that's not a typo—these things really go that fast, and it's a total of thirty-two gigabytes. The timings are 19-20-20-40, and the price is (drumroll) only $159.99. As usual, G.Skill offers lifetime warranty coverage. Best hurry up and grab these before they're gone.
- It's the return of the combos. The AMD Ryzen 5 2600X processor is as balanced a mid-range chip as they come, packing six Zen+ cores and twelve threads, each capable of ticking away at up to 4.2 GHz. There's a Wraith Spire cooler in the box, and AMD throws The Division 2 Gold and World War Z as freebies. Meanwhile, the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming is one fine Ryzen motherboard. It sports an Intel Ethernet controller, a souped-up Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec, and two M.2 sockets, one of which sits underneath a heatsink. There's a decent amount of metal over the VRMs and onboard LED lighting for good measure. Newegg will throw both these bits of kit in a box for the amount of $244.98, or $70 off what they'd normally go for separately.
- There's an additional combo deal today. The Intel 660p 512 GB NVMe drive should be a stranger to no-one, thanks to its ubiquity in our deals posts. It can push 1500 MB/s in sequential reads and 1000 MB/s when writing. Its combo companion is the MSI Radeon RX 70 Armor 8 GB OC graphics card, a well-known pixel-pusher with a 1268 MHz core clock. The price for the entire combo is just $189.98, or a $36 savings compared to the regular total. However, Newegg also throws in a $20 mail-in rebate that could bring the endgame total to $169.98.
- Any self-respecting desktop these days needs a good power supply to get it going, like the Corsair TX850M. This unit has semi-modular cabling and an 80 Plus Gold efficiency rating. There's a 140-mm fan inside, and the 12 V rail can push 62 A. The price is $89.99 at Newegg with the promo code EMCTAUB28, and there's a $20 rebate card on tap.
- Our cheap SSD storage today is of a slightly different breed. Sabrent might not be a household name, but the company makes some pretty darn fast SSDs. The Sabrent Rocket family of NVMe drives can push up to 3450 MB/s in sequential reads and 3000 MB/s when writing. Right now, you can pick up the 512 GB drive for $65.99 from Amazon with the checkout code 12HFT7HA, the version with 1 TB of capacity for $133.65 with the code 153EBNHY, or the big honkin' 2 TB model for $269 if you input 13BDRYQA.
- The last item today is the Asus Vivobook 15" laptop (F505ZA-DH51). Contrary to most portables, this one is powered by an AMD chip: the quad-core, eight-thread Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega 8 integrated graphics. Next to this chip sit 8 GB of RAM along with a 256 GB SSD. The display has a resolution of 1920×1080, and the price is currently set at $499 at Amazon.
That's all for today, folks! There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg and Amazon, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at Das Keyboard's shop.