Still, we do have some conquests coming up. Team Short-Media is just over 18 days out. After them, Maximum PC Magazine and Team Rage3D await! And new to our conquest list this week is 2CPU.com Folding@Home, although they're a long way out.
What is this thing, folding? Below are some links that people can visit to see what this whole folding thing is about, and why we folders find it so addicting.
- TR's folding tutorial (Update coming soon) Team TR members have put together a page explaining how folding works, and how to run it. An update is in the works on the page, as some of the info is out of date. Check back soon!
- Extreme Overclocking's stats page THE place to go for F@H stats and standings. How are you doing in the standings?
- Stanford University's Folding@Home page, check it out for details on the project, the methods, research and goals of the Folding@Home project.
Now, the part you've all been waiting for. All week, you sit and wonder, "Who are TR's new members and top producers? And what are the hot threads in the Folding forum? The suspense is killing me!" Well, wait no more! All stats were gathered Monday afternoon from ExtremeOC (which is now linked above).
- New members: Caladan, scotthal, Biogeek, [SDG]Mantis, Lix, CruCiFix, Lhach, bdhearn, dosten, sacrilicious, Wiseblud, Tony_Drake, HybridZ, jeffry55, MunchDRoof - Welcome to the team!
- Top 20 producers: emkubed (Dr. Frankenbot), Looking_For_Knowledge, Nulfire/Druid, Mike_Sterling (The Ungodly Beast), LordIcon (The Shadow), drfish (Fishy-boy), idchafee (The White Whale), TheJuggernaut, cass, Haggis! (The Meat Dish), Leor (Captain Ahab), Zubrik, Steel, Roach, pmeysemb, Just_Brew_It! (The CrateMaster), Tamale, Atryus28, FinalDevelopment, RandomGerbil
- Conquests: Team Short-Media (18 days), Maximum PC Magazine (77 days), Team Rage3D (130 days), 2CPU.com Folding@Home (1698 Days)
- Threats: Team MacOS X - I didn't like writing that. Lets fix it.
- Hot threads in DC: Send in the Macs, What happens when you don't follow the rules, Frankenbot is stepping up (more to come on this later in the week)
- Frankenbot progress: Gonna go light on the Frankenbot stuff this week as we'll be putting out a big Frankenbot update later this week. This project is headed in an exciting new direction, thanks in large part to cass and emkubed. More later!