Shortbread II: The second loaf
News, reviews, previews, & interviews
- 2cpu.com takes a look at the PC Power & Cooling Thermal Alarm. Check it out, this may just save your PC one day.
- Tweak Town has a preview of Whistler (aka Windows 2001). -- It looks like Whistler will mostly be a UI update to win2000 with not very much new functionality.
- Neoseeker has a review of the IJAM IJ-50 MP3 player.
- PC Insight has a review of the new Iwill VD133Pro motherboard with on-board IDE RAID.
- Chick's Hardware has some information on the new Indrema game console -- This console is based on the Linux OS, and looks like it should be pretty cool. Check out the link for more info, including some specs.
- Tech Extreme has a surround sound speaker round-up.
- Tweak Town makes the 'bread again tonight, this time with some Asus K7V overclocking info.
- Hexus has some info on how they managed to get a Celeron II 533 all the way up to 1GHz.
- Insane Hardware put a heatsink on their new AMD Duron. And killed it.
- The Firing Squad has a two-part article up on how video cards work.
- GamePC reviews some SMP lovin' in the form of the MSI 694D Pro Dual VIA 133A motherboard.
- Toms Hardware let a Creative Labs Annihilator 2 duke it out with Absolute Mulitmedia's Outrageous Geforce 2 GTS. Check out the article to see if the Annihilator lived up to its name.
- Hardware Central has an article on next-generation video cards.
- Looks like Rambus prices are coming down. -- I still won't buy any.
- The boy wonder takes a look at AMD Thunderbird and Duron overclocking. -- And it's only 17 pages! Lots of good discussion and photos.
- WinZip command line support add-on BETA
- AthlonOC is giving away a 900MHz Athlon classic OC'd to 1GHz.
- The cold, HardOCP is giving away a bag. -- It's a big bag, with straps and stuff. You can put your computer in it.